The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need to import a Powerpoint presentation (via Keynote) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am doing a trial of OO and have a PowerPoint presentation I need to use as my starting point. I am relatively new to the Mac, so I just loaded the trial of iWork '09 so that I could use KeyNote as a conduit. I was able to open my Powerpoint presentation in KeyNote and then save it as a KeyNote file. Every time I try to open the KeyNote file in OO, all I get is a few bullets with no text. I've tried creating some simple KeyNote files and had the same result.

In the past, new versions of Keynote have changed the file format and we've needed to revisit that import code to make it work with the new stuff. (We don't get any extra notice of new versions of the iWork applications, unfortunately; last week was the first we heard about Keynote '09.)

Contact the support ninjas from under the Help menu and we'll lend a hand.