The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pretty disappointed. (semi-rant, if it isn't obvious) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Note that this thread was from 2006: this was posted by someone who was disappointed about OmniPlan because they were wanting something like OmniFocus—back before OmniFocus was announced.

I apologise if anyone has mentioned this before although a quick word search showed me no key words.

If you're looking for a programme management tool (e.g. multi-project, multi-resource) which also does timesheets, billing, analytics, etc, then Liquid Planner is something to look at.

I went through 10-20 different online applications for a tool such as this, most only did basic list-view schedules and provided no ability to actively resource engineers time well and schedule multiple projects at once. Liquid Planner requires some reading and I even did a webinar to understand HOW their system works multi-project resourcing as it's a bit different to anything I'd done before.

But yes, check it out if you're still looking. It is Gantt chart based, but please believe me when I say it's much, much, much more than just that.