The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing Stencils on a shared drive in a workgroup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Omni people and users

I have a problem. I would like to be able to share omnigraffle stencils with other people in my workgroup. We are 4 UX designes working with omnigraffle.

The optimal would be to be able to place the stencils somewhere shared.

Is it possible to do this in Omnigraffle Pro?

Regards
Jens Poder, Denmark

You should be able to do this by symlinking a common directory into the Stencils folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post
You should be able to do this by symlinking a common directory into the Stencils folder.
I have tried to symlink a folder into the stencils folder under application support.

But it doesn't register when loading the app.

Have you succeeded in making this work.

Regards
Jens Poder

Jens - if you send an email over to the support ninjas, they're guaranteed to get you an answer ASAP. We browse the forums as we're able, but can't always guarantee that someone from a particular product team will be able to respond to forum posts. Support email is the ninjas' first priority.

If you have an AFP Share, files in /Network/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/ can be seen by any copy of OmniGraffle being used by anyone on your entire network. You do need administrative privileges on the network to add or remove files there, though.

Unfortunately, symlinking the Application Support folder doesn't currently work. We do have an open feature request for this, though. While I’ve made a note of this thread in our tracker, it's best for folks to drop us a line to be sure we record your requests.