The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cut one stencil into different parts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm looking for a possibility to separate one object into two or more parts. I tried to achieve this by using command "forms / cutting" (do not know the exact description, I'm using the german version). But when I apply this command the stencil keeps to be one object. But I need different to apply different fill colors etc.

Can anybody tell me how I can separate an object into two or more parts?

Thanks a lot in advanced
Klaus

I found a solution for this problem. Originally I tried to cut one circle into three parts to apply different colors. Instead of this I took three adjustable wedges and put them together to a circle. This works fine. Nevertheless I would be basically interested if it is possible to separate one object into different ones. This could be helpful for other constructions (a similar function is available e.g. in Visio).

Best regards,
Klaus

In OmniGraffle Pro, you can separate an object into multiple parts using the Edit -> Shapes menu. There's a great example of how to do this near the end of Simone's story: using OmniGraffle to draw comics:

Hope this helps!