The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add an action to a folder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

is it possible to add an action directly to a folder without creating a project for it ?

I am an IT-Administrator and have serveral customers. For each customer I have a folder containing the todos.

If a todo has serveral steps I create a project and add the required actions. This works ok.

But sometimes I have a todo like "install a new mouse", which consist only of one action. I cannot add this action directly to the folder.

It should look like:
Folder Customer A
Folder Customer B
Project "Install new server"
Action "buy hardware"
Action "install software"
Action "Install a new mouse"
Project .....
Folder Customer C

Thank You for a tip.

Greetings, Andy.

No. Folders contain folders, projects, or single action lists. Projects and single action lists contain action groups or actions. Action groups contain action groups or actions.

Many of us will put a catch-all single action list in the folder to hold those single actions that don't fit anywhere else.

Ah ok.

So I can add a single action list to each customer.
Customer A
Project A
Project B
Project Misc. (Single action list)
This sounds ok for me except one thing:
I am using the fifo principle (first in first out), so the todos are processed in the order they arrive.
I am not sure if this is still possible when I have a single action list....

Greetings, Andy,.

Fifo will work as long as you do not sort your single action list by anything. New actions get added at the bottom of the list whenever you enter them via pressing enter or click "add task". So the tasks added first will be on top of the list.