The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't synchronise! --unrecognisable transaction file name Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have set up a webdav server at Xythos, I can get my desktop to sync to it and it deposits a OmniFocus.ofocus directory containing a zip file and a .client file. I have been sharing settings with my iphone and all I get is "unable to synchronise with server, unable to read document, unrecognisable transaction file name "A3533306-43DE-4C7F-B8F2-B987E134D513%20D7A4C598-EB33-4571-9C59-41E5EFD4709F"

Any ideas?

Sounds like Xythos doesn't support the + and = symbols that we use in our file names. You need to choose a different WebDAV service. Look around the syncing forums to see which ones are working for other users.

MobileMe is the one we've tested most. It has a 60-day free trial, I believe. You could also look at setting up a WebDAV server on your Mac.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-07-31 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: I said 90. It's 60.

FYI Re: MobileMe - it's a 60-day free trial, not 90.

The Xythos server seems to support both + and = in the file names as I can use those through both their web interface and Xythos Drive WebDAV client.

That said there is some unusual handling of + in file names in the Xythos server that effects some WebDAV clients currently. Xythos is aware of this and is fixing this in the near future via a service pack.