The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Voting for new features Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Or keep track of your feature requests in OmniFocus. That's what I do: one project for each feature, which usually contains an action for me to send the initial feedback email, followed by a "waiting" action for a response and then another "waiting" action for the feature/enhancement/fix to be implemented.

-Dennis

Hi,

I've been looking around in the forums (mainly for OmniFocus and related products) and it seems that this is where people sometimes post and discuss feature requests. The impression I get though is that feature requests are different than comments, notes and distress calls as they can't be given much more feedback than "Yes, we'll look into that". In a forum like this, it is also very difficult to find the feature requests among everything else, and even though they are of a different breed (I think) compared to most things posted, they are hidden by other not very related things. It's also very difficult to know how many people would actually need the specific feature, which makes this a process which can very much be improved.

What about starting a UserVoice app for feature requests (https://uservoice.com/)? Vote for other peoples suggestions, and OmniGroup would get an idea of what is an important new feature for the users. Also makes it a bit easier to find other peoples suggestions, as they are not hiding as much.

What do you think? I would have loved to post this feature suggestion in a UserVoice forum ;-) but I guess this will have to do :-).

/Fredrik

Probably best to submit this through:
OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback ...
(in the main menu of the app)

Thanks!
I will...

/Fredrik

I like some of the things that uservoice does; the biggest obstacle is how much time it would take from our other projects to convert the 15 years' of data we have in our current system to a new one.

Check out this thread for a similar discussion from the last time I took a look at uservoice. Merging this thread with that one, but wanted to post a response here first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I believe we have a feature request open on the ability to focus on collections of individual actions; folks that would like this can contact the support ninjas and ask to add themselves to that item in the development database. Thanks!
Brian, is there any way to see the database with the various requests and what the votes are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlad View Post
Brian, is there any way to see the database with the various requests and what the votes are?
Get a job at Omni :-)

In addition to what Bill said, there's more info in this thread, as well. Hope this helps!

Edit: moved posts to that thread, as they were diverging from the topic of the original thread.

Now that the market has matured, I would like to vote again for uservoice or getsatisfaction. They are now the state of the art in terms of getting customer feedback and giving customer's confidence they are part of the product management experience. The "Email into the ether" and "secret priority list" approach is a haphazard way at best to measure your overall community's needs and also creates community frustration since they don't feel/know they are being heard.

d

+1. I'd also love to see the actual prioritized list and make it more transparent.