The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Assorted Questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have been trying out the demo of Omni-Plan and the UI and documentation is SO FAR ahead of Merlin or Fast Track, it's amazing. That being said, I have a list of questions for you which (hopefully) you can easily answer:

* Is there a way to flip-flop priorities so Priority 1 is top (as all our other software)? Alternately, just have priority be "Very High, High, Normal, Low, Very Low". That's so clear... and I don't have to worry about one PM thinking one way, and another doing it backwards.

* Can you view resources in terms of WEEKS instead of DAYS? Since we don't know if a client will get us materials on Monday or Tuesday, we care mostly about utilization on a weekly basis, not daily.

* Can the color coding of resources have some variance? For instance instead of Green being “EXACTLY” full, could green be full +- 15%?
Undo appears not to work after leveling

* Is there a way to import “time worked on task, by resource” from another system automatically?

* Is there a way to flag milestones as “internal”, and print a “client only” schedule, with only key milestones? I've seen this called "private" with a checkbox before.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jason

www.gravityswitch.com

1) Flipping Priority: nope, but we're thinking about it
2) Resources in Weeks: Sorry, I'm a little unclear what you're getting at. The time scale for the resource view can be adjusted by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. The pink/green/blue bar graph of resource utilization is more fine-grained (minutes maybe?) and can't be adjusted.
3) Customizing resource coloring: nope, interesting idea. I'll add it to our request list
4) Undo after leveling: We've fixed a few cases of this, I'm not surprised there's more. Please email the files to us if you can.
5) Import time worked on task, by resource: Not particularly, but this would be a pretty straightforward AppleScript to create. Let me know if you need help with that. (It kinda has to be a custom script, otherwise it would have to know about several time-tracking apps.)
6) Internal/private milestones: nope. I'll add that to the feature requests.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have the file with the undo problem handy, but if I experience it again I'll send it to you.