The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

very persistent view settings Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Is there some type of view default that I don't know about? If I close and re-open the OF window, the same view/focus settings that I had some time ago will come back, no matter what settings I had when I close the window or whether I hit "clear perspective". First, it was a very persistent perspective that I deleted to fix it for a while. Now it is just focus settings.

I took a look in the OF preferences and I see a "SavedViewState" which seems to conform to the state that persistently opens - but how do I change it?

Any time you edit the view state of a window with no perspective assigned, the default settings should get updated (i.e., the settings used when there is no perspective). We are still working on tweaking the behavior of this to see if we can get this automatic behavior to be pleasing to people, so feedback is very welcome.

In a build late today I made it so clearing the perspective on a window would revert that window's view state to the global default (since this was one way that the global view state could get messed up).

If we can't get the automatic behavior to work nicely, we may resort to adding a manual menu option to save the current view state as the default.

I'm all for the idea, but on 96391, I can get the filter settings to update, but not the focus/non-focus state, which item is focused on, and the planning/context mode being active.