The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Looking to iCal for staff Calendar info Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hallo.

One of the things I love about OmniPlan, in theory, is time estimates for how long I can reasonably expect a large, complex project will take.

However, I work three jobs apart from the major home-construction project I'm using OmniPlan for, and my other family members and helpers also have complex lives. We all use iCal and share calendars to let each other know when we're available. I work all hours, lots of overtime, and sometimes have to re-schedule at the drop of a hat. This is all complex enough without having to do it twice, by putting my schedule into OmniPlan as well.

I need to have OmniPlan look to iCal for a given calendar which would represent time available to work on the project.

I think I've mentioned this in the past, but it was a long time ago. Is it on the feature list for 2.0? Without it, OmniPlan's utility is significantly limited.

Thanks,

-Speireag.