The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Remove Annoying Bullets Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am evaluating Omniplan. How do you remove those annoying bullets in front of every task? Could be a dealbreaker for me.

The "annoying bullets" are row handles, and essential to just about any operation on multiple rows. Unlike OmniOutliner and OmniFocus, OmniPlan doesn't seem to have any way to hide them when you aren't hovering over the row in question, though it does seem like something that could probably be added if sufficient customer demand was present. Use Help->Send Feedback to register your vote.

Seriously, you would walk away if that was the only issue you had? It's good to have high standards, but what do you use to get your work done while you are waiting for perfection?

those bullets serve the purpose of showing the rank of indent for the tasks, they graphicaly change with it. good, I think

I'd suggest sending feedback and we'll get your request into the database. Several people have asked for the ability to turn off row numbering, but I haven't seen a request to turn off bullets. They do help a lot if you group tasks.

Now I'm going to let you in on a little secret. OmniPlan uses the same style system that OmniOutliner uses and with a little slight of hand you can drag style attributes between them. Of course, you'll have to have OmniOutliner handy to do it.

In this case, you'd create an OmniOutliner document, select a row, and in the Row: Advanced inspector, select "Show handles: Never". If you look in the Style: Attributes inspector, you'll see a "row draw handles [...] never" with a little color swatch in the middle. You're going to drag that into OmniPlan.

First, get ready: in OmniPlan, open up the Project: Styles inspector and select the "Whole Document" style. Now go back to OmniOutliner, drag that color swatch out of the Style: Attributes inspector. While dragging, cmd-tab your way back to OmniPlan. Drop the swatch on the "Whole Document" line in the tables view of styles in the Project: Styles inspector. It should turn off row handles.

Now then, I know this is not really a usable feature and I should mention that it's not supported. It's more of a back door... a power that should be used only for good. Those of you who may be running off to see if you can turn off row numbering will be chagrined to learn that OmniPlan will ignore you.

-Tom