The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't purchase at LeisterPro.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I tried to purchase the upgrade to Reunion 9 at http://www.leisterpro.com today, but was unable to use OW 5.5.4(v607.17).

The form took all my data but when I submitted it, I got an error telling me the expiration date was in a bad format and had to be MM/YYYY (which is what it was - selected from their drop down menu).

I tried 3 times, 3 failures. Worked fine in FF.

Since I didn't want to purchase multiple copies, I didn't try with Safari or WebKit to see.

I let the folk at LeisterPro know. (Like the Omni team, they are a small but highly skilled and very responsive and responsible group - if you are looking for genealogic software, I cannot praise Reunion enough.)

Obviously, since this is a problem with submission of a purchase form, it is not something that is easy to test. But I thought I should post it here in the event that others have the same experience.

Peter

I can't help with your issue but, if you upgraded from Reunion 8, how is 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
I can't help with your issue but, if you upgraded from Reunion 8, how is 9?
Reunion 9 is great.

In addition, I posted at LeisterPro about the issue and they contacted me to say that they had heard from several other OW users about trouble with their store and are pursuing it.

And I got an e-mail from Frank Leister talking about how much he likes and has depended on some OMNI products and saying he is going to take another look at OW.

There are some major similarities between OMNI and LeisterPro: quality product, commitment to service, personal touch, follow-though, focus on the end user and active solicitation of feedback.

Peter

Edit: if I worked at OMNI I'd quickly make sure that a couple folks at LeisterPro had complimentary copies of OW to use (1) for testing the functionality of their store; and (2) to help spread OW by hoping that the LP folks like it and talk about it.

Last edited by pheski; 2007-03-05 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Additional thought

I downloaded the demo... I think I need to read the release notes as I don't see a massive difference between the two versions at the moment that would justify spending the money for the upgrade. For my needs, 8 might just be good enough...