The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Leveling and Vacations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Leveling seems to respect resource work schedules as long as the resource that will be out of the office is the only one assigned to a task. Is there a way for a task (i.e. a meeting between two people), to be auto leveled correctly when one of these people are on vacation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oravecz View Post
Leveling seems to respect resource work schedules as long as the resource that will be out of the office is the only one assigned to a task. Is there a way for a task (i.e. a meeting between two people), to be auto leveled correctly when one of these people are on vacation?
Not currently, but this is a feature request in our database. I'll add a vote to it for you.

Thanks, but this bug totally eliminates the auto-leveling function for us. Is there some kind of workaround?

OmniPlan's leveling assumes that a task with multiple resources assigned to it can be worked on by any one resource whenever possible. If you know the vacation days of one resource, the only workaround I can think of is to manually set a locked start/end date for the meeting task that you know will work for the Resource who has vacation days.

Then, you can let leveling sort out the scheduling of the second Resource that may not have any vacations scheduled. This will get complicated if your project has multiple resources but unfortunately that's all I can suggest until we add the ability to specify that a task must be worked on by all resources concurrently.