The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

unexpected behavior in 5.0: actions & sticky windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am evaluating OG Pro 5.0 before I switch from 4.x and I'm noticing this unexpected behavior. Is this normal or a bug?

1) In 5.0, clicking on actions that are supposed to take me to a different canvas in design mode (vs. presentation mode) sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I can't consistently reproduce it either. Not sure if the layer with the action needs to be on top for the click to register.

2) In 4.x, pressing ⌘2 would bring up one of the inspectors and bring it to the top. In 5.0, the stencil is always on top.

These two snags are kind of hampering my productivity but I really want to upgrade. Any suggestions?

Last edited by kolya3; 2009-04-14 at 02:45 PM..

Hi
I am currently using 5.2 pro, and am having the same issues although consistently.
I have created an overview page where when the item is clicked it action is set to jump to another canvas.
Currently I have about 67 actions and only 12 of them function correctly.
The others all go to the same canvas, although it is the incorrect canvas.
The canvas name in the action is correct, it just goes to the incorrect canvas.
just upgraded to snow leopard with correction in the issue.
Thanks for the attention!!

Running: OmniGraffle/5.2/final-138.9 with Snow Leopard.

I am having the same issue. The actions to move to a different canvas work great using the 'browse tool', but when viewing the document in Presentation mode....I get very unexpected results. Either the buttons go to the wrong place or they just advance to the next canvas. I did play with all the presentation preference settings with no luck.

Again, once I bring it back to the 'browse' tool....it all magically works again.

I see that there is a 5.2.1 Beta. I looked at the release notes and it doesn't appear to address this issue so I haven't tried it out.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone experiencing these issues can send a file in to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com, it would be greatly appreciated so we can take a look at it on our end.

I've had the same issue and discovered that grouped items seem to be a culprit - e.g., a button with an icon on it that's a group of elements. If I ungroup the items, and add an action to one single element, the actions work correctly, even the show/hide layer.

Not sure if that's a universal fix, definitely worth a quick try.