The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

REQUEST: Schedule export report to MY FTP server Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello - I'm looking for a good project management software for a while, and OmniPlan is my favourite so far but... I miss at least 2 critical features:
1. Sharing projects through server with other PM's (with someone-is-editing/you-can-edit status) - count my vote on it.
2. Schedule or Manual export HTML report to ANY FTP server - so I could give a link to my client and inform him instantly how is work goin out there :) On each project I'd like to have possibility to set FTP path to export my report (It sometimes could happen that client wants reports on his/her server)
2.1. ;) Some kind of upload history would be helpful too.

If that's done - you have new happy client - till then - I'm still looking :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoq View Post
Hello - I'm looking for a good project management software for a while, and OmniPlan is my favourite so far but... I miss at least 2 critical features:
1. Sharing projects through server with other PM's (with someone-is-editing/you-can-edit status) - count my vote on it.
2. Schedule or Manual export HTML report to ANY FTP server - so I could give a link to my client and inform him instantly how is work goin out there :) On each project I'd like to have possibility to set FTP path to export my report (It sometimes could happen that client wants reports on his/her server)
2.1. ;) Some kind of upload history would be helpful too.

If that's done - you have new happy client - till then - I'm still looking :)
We have feature requests for both of these in our database so I'll be sure to add a vote to them for you. :-)

would it also be possible to invoke applescripts or automator to perform this instead of the application itself?

Yes, it is possible to write an AppleScript to do the periodic HTML exports to an FTP server. That's one reason we didn't implement it in the application yet -- everyone will want slightly different behavior for the export, so leaving it in the script domain, rather than hard-wiring it into the application, gives people the opportunity to tweak the behavior as they see fit, rather than being constrained by our UI.