The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clean Up not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a group in my inbox that has 3 actions. I marked 2 complete and clicked Clean Up and it still shows them checked with lines through them. Why would it not be removing them?

The view is set to:

Project Filter: Remaining
Grouping: Folder
Sorting: Unsorted
Availability Filter: Remaining
Status Filter: Any
Estimated Time Filter: Any

I am using 1.8.1

Also my Clean Up Inbox preferences are for items that have either a context or project, and all of these have a context

That seems like a bug. Use Help->Send Feedback to report it.

Previously, OmniFocus would take a group in the Inbox and turn it into a project when a clean up was done. I wonder if there is some vestige of that logic that is blocking the clean up of the completed actions in the group?

I've got a problem where something in my Misc SAL is checked off but won't go away.

Just as a followup, I opened a ticket and it turns out this was normal behavior. The items were part of a subgroup and they won't get cleared out until you finish all tasks in the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal View Post
Just as a followup, I opened a ticket and it turns out this was normal behavior. The items were part of a subgroup and they won't get cleared out until you finish all tasks in the group.
They may have said it was normal behavior, but it still sounds like broken behavior to me. Why should action groups in the inbox behave differently than action groups in projects, which do clean up their completed actions when the clean up command is invoked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal View Post
Sorry about any confusion: it's true that those tasks shouldn't move out of their group in the Inbox, because that would move them out of their group's context—and I think that's what the response to your ticket was addressing.

But unless your view is showing completed items, they shouldn't be displayed in the Inbox after cleaning up. In other words, yes, there is a bug: the inbox should honor the active/remaining view filter just like other sections of the list do.

Before 1.8, it used to be impossible for the Inbox to contain any completed items after cleaning up: all completed individual items would be moved out into your Miscellaneous list, and all groups (whether complete or not) would be promoted into their own projects. But in 1.8 we decided that automatically promoting Inbox groups into active projects was a bit presumptuous: yes, grouped items might in fact be a project, but if they're in the Inbox we should leave them there until you explicitly decide you're ready to commit to them.

But when we made this change, we apparently didn't catch this particular case: the Inbox never had to filter out completed items before (since they were all moved out of it on clean up), so it simply doesn't have any logic in place to do that. We'll fix it.