The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

got caught in endless loop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
imported two files created on a PC by MS Project.

One as mpx and one as mpp. The person who sent them to me cannot export as XML (older version of project).

Both files opened up nicely. When I went to close the mpx file
file, I got stuck in an endless loop. :eek: The error that kept coming up says

Alert
Attempted to look up the value for an unregistered style attribute 'font-family'

You can only click on OK; each time it brings you back to the same alert. Also it does not bring up the error reporting box.

It would not let me quit from the dock, or from the program. I had to force quit to get out of the loop. Just because I must be a glutton for punishment, I tried the same thing again. It is a repeatable error.

I am using the most current beta copy. Thought you would want to know.

We've seen this error. We haven't tracked it down yet though. If it's possible for you to share those MS Project files with us, please send email to omniplan@omnigroup.com and attach them. (That's also a great place to send feature requests or other bugs you may encounter.)

I've seen that quite a bit, too. And I did send the test files to Omni, but got the response you couldn't replicate it.

Yeah, for us it's a flaky bug that only shows up once in a while. If it's happening fairly consistently for you, we'll have to figure out what makes your setup special.
Are you using a locale other than American English? Have you installed (or uninstalled?) a bunch of fonts?

Lizard,

We are using the Linotype font utility with a lot of fonts but don't have issues with the utility or number of fonts in Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, etc..

Our locale is only English.

The Mac system version is 10.4.7 running the latest updates.

I hope this helps you narrow the bug down.

Mims