The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Activate broken in 92632 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The Applescipt activate command is broken in build 92632.

The code:
Code:
tell application "OmniFocus" to activate
yields:
Code:
OmniFocus got an error: Some parameter wasn't understood.

Curt

Yes, this has, inter alia, broken the iGTD importer.

And my OmniOutliner exporters. Thankfully my Mail script still works, so my inbox isn't filling up with frantic emails from users. (Which, ironically, I wouldn't be able to create actions for. :-)

Curt

'activate' is working fine for me (and it is something I specifically tested while making the changes to QE). It was hitting this problem for Ken until he restarted Script Editor & OmniFocus, so maybe there is a need to restart to get the sdef reloaded.

Rob,

Activate started working for me somewhat mysteriously. (I've been troubleshooting this with Tim off-forum.) One thing that was odd in one of my scripts was that I had an activate inside a 'tell document'. Pulling that out to the 'tell application' level work fixed that script, though it doesn't explain the oddness from my original post.

Curt

A script with an "activate" command for me was working when run from Script Editor, but it was causing my Automator routine to fail when run from within it. I'll try extracting it from the "tell" block as Curt described...

This should be working inside window and document blocks now. Additionally, activating a document will bring its front window in front of all other normal windows and activating a specific window will bring that window front.

I'm still not sure why Cocoa wasn't percolating this event up to the app. Anyway, this will work in window/document contexts now (though it might fail in other contexts that don't explicitly handle activate).

I am able to activate OmniFocus from Script Editor, but I have a script assigned to a hot key via Keyboard Maestro, and in that script "activate" no longer works, nor do any other OF commands.

I am using OF 93011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scb View Post
I am able to activate OmniFocus from Script Editor, but I have a script assigned to a hot key via Keyboard Maestro, and in that script "activate" no longer works, nor do any other OF commands.

I am using OF 93011.
Yes, my Automator problem described above persists in that same build.

I had to "re-compile" my scripts by editing them. You may try opening the old script in ScriptEditor, copying the full text, and pasting it into a new script window. There's something funky there with old scripts, but I can't reproduce it.

Curt