The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni Group Session in Bay Area Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With a successful Bay Area OmniFocus meeting behind us now, it seems there was a lot of interest in meeting up again for a training session with Etahn or someone from Omni Group the week of WWDC (June 9-13).

Ethan mentioned that Omni Group might be interested in doing this in another thread. If you guys are still interested, please let me/us know and we'll work out the details. We may already have a possible venue lined up that can support a larger number of people with a projector, seating, etc.

And anyone who might be interested in joining us, please post here as well. We only have two weeks to pull this together.

Thanks,
Dennis

Count me in! Scheduling during the week of WWDC is always somewhat challenging, but it looks like I could do something Tuesday evening (June 10), or any time after noon on Sunday (June 8).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Count me in! Scheduling during the week of WWDC is always somewhat challenging, but it looks like I could do something Tuesday evening (June 10), or any time after noon on Sunday (June 8).
Excellent! That sounds great, Ken. I think Tuesday evening, June 10, is the best option. But everyone I've spoken to so far can make it on Sunday instead, if necessary. I'll be in touch with you offline to work out the details.

Anyone else interested in joining us in the Bay Area during WWDC for an OmniFocus session with Ken Case, please post in this thread or send me a private message. Once we have the time and location arranged, I'll post back here.

Thanks!

-Dennis

Pencil it in on your calendar!

OmniFocus Meetup & Overview
Tuesday, June 10th 2008
6:30 - 8:00 pm
W Hotel, San Francisco
3rd Floor, Workroom 2

Ken Case, Chairman and CEO of the Omni Group, and productivity guru Merlin Mann will be joining us for an OmniFocus demo followed by a Q&A session.

Drop me a private message if you have any questions, or just post in this thread.

Hope you can make it!

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2008-06-02 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Updated time and location

Any chance this meeting could be video taped so others of us who can't make that long journey could benefit as well? It would be so beneficial to just listen in to others who are up and running with OmniFocus and learn how they do it. And also to hear learned questions and the response to same by the ones most in the know, i.e. Ken and Merlin.
How about it?
-Steve

I think I can attend and I live in SF. I have a great audio recorder that the speakers could use. If video is really needed, then I can't help. But I most likely can in regards to getting a high quality audio recording.

I'm looking forward to the event! RSVP for 2 people.

Steve

I have a simple MiniDV camcorder and a small tripod I could bring. But lighting might be poor, so the quality of the resulting video might not be very good. I'd also have to see how Ken and Merlin feel about this.

I'm interested. Not sure yet which will be cheaper; sending my sweetie and the kid off to dinner somewhere nearby, or buying that Family pack upgrade to OmniFocus (which she'll surely want if she goes to the meeting!) :-)

Look forward to meeting you, whpalmer4. See you at the meeting!