The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trying to like OmniFocus, but ..... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpatrick View Post
... There should be NO learning curve for the productivity software especially on Mac. Macs are here to help us too!
Yep. Everything on a Mac should be as easy as "turn it on, tell it what to do, walk away ... (have it wash your car)".

Your statement could apply to computers or teenagers. One could argue the theory that both should require no effort to set in motion. Reality is a closed door in front of a loudly blaring stereo system.

Quote:
... I tried every GTD software available with no luck. Existing computerized GTD solutions don't make sense until they: ...
Seems to me, this synopsis is more a testament that your expectations are likely misplaced rather than a testament to the poor state of affairs in GTD software development.

Quote:
... Look at the modern shiny todo apps like Wunderlist! They are "simple" todo lists which have more functions and more convenient and clear than overpriced omnifocus "professional" app. ...
Yet, by your own testament, even these "simple" apps still do not work for you. See then my comment above.

What strikes me odd here are the undertones of a zealous rant against working with the best tool(s) that suit(s) your needs right now. One could believe from all this that perfection to your metrics was all that ever was available in the past and is all that should ever be available in the future. Such a standard would for me be a difficult one to live by.

--
JJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Yep. Everything on a Mac should be as easy as "turn it on, tell it what to do, walk away ... (have it wash your car)".
+1, Doc, Siri = total let-down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
+1, Doc, Siri = total let-down.
Just to be clear, my original statement was to be read as though contained in <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.

--
JJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJJWMac View Post
Just to be clear, my original statement was to be read as though contained in <sarcasm></sarcasm> tags.
From the TV ads, the least I expected was a clean car! :o