The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync error (remote db reset, unable to reach tx identifiers) help? [Fixed in 1.7.3] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ticket sent.

Last night I did major work on my OF file (OS X).

This morning I could not sync my iPhone (No root transactions found). I sent in help then.

I just tried the procedures from Brian at:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...4&postcount=31

OmniFocus 1.7.3 sneaky peek (v77.37.0.118502) did not work, same error (only in OS X this time). I backed up prior to installing 1.7.3, as directed, and had no other copies of OF.

I went back to 1.7.2 and tried to restore my database, from this morning, and then last night, but I get the same errors. I have no access to my file.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2009-09-08 at 07:07 PM..

Brian,

similarly, r502 did not work using the instructions you gave me. I ended up with a database missing a lot of changes and I had to restore from TM backup.

I did however get things working using the following steps:

0. Download and install latest SneakyPeak 1.7.3
1. Turn off Sync in OF
2. Back up the database
3. Manually delete my .ofocus and DueSoon.ics from my iDisk
4. Quit OF to make sure any changes were saved (I was finding that OF did not save the db before a sync)
5. Open OF and turn on Sync.
6. File > Restore Server Database...
7. Add the test item in my Inbox
8. Sync

I tried a few permutations and that was the final one to get things working again. In amongst that I had Moved Old Data to Archive as well, but not sure whether that was relevant.

Sanjay.

This may be a silly question, but how do I turn off sync? I use Mobile Me and Idisc, nand when looking at preferences I cannot find a way of turning off the sync. I must have overlooked something somewhere, but where.

I am running OF 1.7.2 and am also having the problems everyone else is worrying about. It may be because I tried to iinstall the newer version, but apparently it didn't succeed.

Thanks for any help.

Kari Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katpaust View Post
This may be a silly question, but how do I turn off sync? I use Mobile Me and Idisc, nand when looking at preferences I cannot find a way of turning off the sync. I must have overlooked something somewhere, but where.
To turn off sync in OmniFocus, go to Sync preferences and change the "Sync with" setting at the top to "Sync with: Nothing".

Quote:
I am running OF 1.7.2 and am also having the problems everyone else is worrying about. It may be because I tried to iinstall the newer version, but apparently it didn't succeed.
The final release of OmniFocus 1.7.3 is now available, and I strongly recommend that everyone update to it to solve the "Remote database reset" problem which started this thread. (The first time you sync in 1.7.3 you may still get that message, because your databases truly are out of sync. But if you answer that prompt with "Sync", 1.7.3 will be able to get them back into sync and keep them there.)

Working great on my Mac and iPhone. Thank you for being so responsive.

Steve

I've been repeatedly getting this message today with OmniFocus 1.7.5. I've tried clicking Sync to replace my local DB, and subsequently Replace Server Database a couple of times, but the message keeps reappearing. No problems before today. Is there a MobileMe hiccup? I disabled iDisk Sync on this machine to be safe, but that hasn't made any difference.

Give the Omni support ninjas a call at 1-800-315-OMNI and they'll get you fixed up. Do it now before they stop answering the phones at 5pm and go home for the weekend...