The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omni should take a look at the SmartTime iPhone app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love OmniGroup. I own both the desktop and iphone versions OmniFocus.

Recently I discovered a newer productivity app currently available at the App Store called "SmartTime" and wanted to bring this to the attention of Omni and all who visit this forum.

I invite all who end up reading this post to browse the developer's site for this app and take a look. There's an interactive guide with tons of video demo clips.

My reason for posting is because I feel this hits a new mark of interface simplicity and ingenuity that I believe Omni should strongly consider. I understand the apps are two different animals, but I feel Omni could benefit by readdressing some of the OF for iPhone's interface options as this app seems to be pioneering with (less keyboard is nice).

OF for iPhone's interface is relatively simple (could benefit from some more tutorial videos) but after using SmartTime, I hope Omni would continue to innovate their interface design for their awesome app.

i checked out smarttime's site and reviews and it does look interesting but i am always wary of 'independent' apps because they tend to not have resources to continue development hence leading people to avoid relying too heavily on them for their critical processes.

i think it does have many ideas for omnifocus though.

Hi, I got hooked on Omni with Graffle, then demo'd Omni Focus on the desktop. But I got lost on the iPhone version and agree with wcheese and pendolino, SmartTime really resonates with me. I don't know about the staying power of independent developers, but their Forum talks about new versions with desktop sync and also advanced calendering (week and month) so at least they have some plans.

Something else I like is that my husband and I can send tasks back and forth to each other. Sometimes it's like playing tag!