The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Opera's paste-and-go function Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm all for using as few buttons as possible. Opera does this very well, especially with their 'paste and go' function. It lets you copy a URL, and then with a right mouse click you can paste-and-go it in your address bar and the URL opens immidately. This saves you from pressing the enter button or a 'go' button in your browser. Could something like this be implemented in OmniWeb? It's really usefull :)

Paste it in the tab drawer.

Could you be more clear? If I copy a URL, I don't get the option of pasting it in the tab drawer (all I can do when right-clicking in there is open new, empty tabs and such).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaahl
Could you be more clear? If I copy a URL, I don't get the option of pasting it in the tab drawer (all I can do when right-clicking in there is open new, empty tabs and such).
Just click once in the tab drawer to make it active, and command-v

Thanks, JKT, that was new to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
Just click once in the tab drawer to make it active, and command-v
Ow I see, that works. But it's not what I want: I don't want to use shortcuts, just the mouse.

Click once on the tab drawer, then click on the Edit menu and select Paste...? (Okay, yes, it's not elegant, but it is mouse-only...) =]

Well, again, that works but it's not as intuitive as Opera's solution. I've used many different browsers and one thing they have in common is that you paste a URL in the address bar, then hit enter or a 'go' button and the URL starts loading. But with Opera, instead of 'paste' you can select 'paste and go'. It's the same steps but more effective. I love that :)

But OmniWeb is a better browser overall, of course ;)

Sorry, if you are using the mouse only, simply drag and drop the URL to the drawer. New tab will open at the URL automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Sorry, if you are using the mouse only, simply drag and drop the URL to the drawer. New tab will open at the URL automatically.
That might be even better than Opera's solution, thanks!