The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

$20 for OF app in iPhone apps store Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apps store is released if you download the new itunes. I'm not sure if it's officially released, but you can get to it. Now just waiting for iphone 2.0 to come out. $20 was my very top limit on what I'd pay too, but I'm really stoked to be able to get this! I keep my phone by my nightstand at night, and have been sending emails to myself at night.

EDIT: since I"m not seeing the apps store on the main page of the itunes store, use this link to see it: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...&id=25204&mt=8

Last edited by mhedstrom; 2008-07-10 at 02:11 AM..

Well, I've bought the App… now we just have to wait for the iPhone 2.0 software update!

Apple is pulling quite a tease, here, letting us see the apps, but not USE them! :-)

£11.99 in the UK - yeay! It'll be the first app on my new 2.0 iPhone.

Has anyone heard the ETA on when the 2.0 software will be out? I was assuming tomorrow at 8AM? Will they really make us wait until then?

And Omnifocus is the ONLY non-game application in the top ten. I'm still waiting to use it...

Just wondering if there would be any kind of discount for existing OmniFocus application owners. For OF for iPhone/Touch I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvahoos View Post
Just wondering if there would be any kind of discount for existing OmniFocus application owners. For OF for iPhone/Touch I mean.
I was hoping too. We bought a family pack, and now we each have to pay an extra $20 for the iphone app. Wouldn't be too hard to do, just have a different download in the apps store requiring an OF serial number.

are saying 9AM PDT for iPhone 2.0 to go live...

It is quite despicable that Omni is charging for Omnifocus for iPhone. After paying $80 for an application with ZERO synchronization capabilities, I was expecting that they won’t slap in your customers in the face by charging them for “fixing” the application. Without sync I cannot work the way most every professional does - with a desktop, laptop, and a mobile device (iPhone).

I regret to say that I’ll be thinking long and hard before buying any software from Omni now. I’m quite disappointed and certainly did not expect this from Omni as they never were this rapacious.

1) It is my understanding that the 1.1 update - which incorporates the new sync features - will be free.

2) OmniFocus for iPhone is an entirely different product. $20 is just about what I expected the price to be. I don't see a problem. I was never promised a free iPhone version when I paid for OmniFocus for Mac. Were you?