The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.1 for iPad is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just bought the iPad version so I can't compare it to prior releases, but wow, this is one nice app and looks great. I am used to the look n' feel of the regular Mac version but the iPad one is different yet familiar. Really great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It does, but doing so gets more space for long action names, especially if there is some structure inside the project. How do you think it should look?
The design is caught between two stools with no easy answer. Tasks should be indented from their project, but as you rightly say, it would leave a lot less space to view the task.

It could be implemented as indented, but you'd really need to be able to hide the sidebar in landscape. I'm sure this would break some UI rule though

For the love of iOS, PLEASE have an option to make the Notes area a lot bigger. Some of us make heavy use of Notes, and the current cramped Notes UI is awful :mad:

A tap and hold feature to insert the current date into the Notes field (e.g. "Oct 4/10" ) would be icing on the cake for Notes UI enhancements. Make more use of the multi touch goodness!

Keep on truckin' Omni Group. :cool:

-ITGuy

Last edited by ITGuy; 2010-10-03 at 11:56 PM..

While I agree both of those would be welcome enhancements, you won't get them to happen by posting the request here, only by sending in your feature request with Contact Omni (under the gear menu).

Actually, much better than "insert date" would be to include support for TextExpander where I already have several date formats defined. Off to email…

thanks for the last update...however still missing multiple contexts...please do something about it :(

Furthermore in order to keep going with David Allen GTD, you should also include the Reference folders ?

however it is a very good tool ;)