The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web editing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This tool looks like something I could really use...though I have a concern. Is there a way to enter and manage the information from a web browser?

I really need my assistant to be able to enter and edit information so it will sync to my iPad. Our company is not surprisingly PC based. Is there a way to do this?

Unfortunately, at the moment there is not a practical way to do so from anything but OmniPlan, which runs on Mac and iPad only. On the other hand, a refurbished iPad 2 from Apple is only a few hundred bucks (and your copy of OmniPlan will run on it).

This state of affairs (not being able to edit without either Mac or iPad) isn't something I expect to change any time soon, so you shouldn't buy in thinking that you only have to hang on for a few months before they deliver the Windows version.

But, if they are a programming gig, they can easily pop out something for basic editing, as all your data is saved in plain text XML, therefore, if you use the webdav sync option, you can easily make a web interface for editing and it will fit to your need.