The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

update archives old version anyway Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Howdy,

Even though I don't have the "archive old version" box checked in autoupdate, the updater archives the old version of OW anyway.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Yes I have the same problem. I have emailed the ninjas about the problem. So far the bug is not fixed, very frustrating. I run OF as a normal user and have to authenticate with my admin account when updating. Somehow I wonder if this is a problem. It is very annoying to have to delete the archived version after every OF update which is often (good).

Ditto on both counts - old copy is archived regardless, and I am running as a normal user and not admin.

Yes, and as of 95443, I'm still experiencing it.

Still a problem in v77.1.0.96792. I am starting to get annoyed that they not fix the problem. I don't like to find 10 versions of OmniFocus in my app folder...

I wonder when this will be fixed.

The new update still made a copy in my Appfolder...