The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

styles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i appreciate this - i was so confused before - didn't know where to start. in the documentation - when it comes out, i think it may be necessary to advise people used to OO3 that how styles are used in v.4 involves an entirely new approach. i was getting quite frustrated .

I'm glad you posted this. . . . I am a long time OO users and I still can't figure it out! I'm using (159.0.182914)

My outline looks like this

My first level 1
A level 2
A level 2
My second level 1
A level 2
A level 2

I see Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in the side bar. Are headings the same as levels?

I want all first level items to have the same styling. I can't figure it out.

Edit: After spending :10 minutes, I understand how the styling works. However, I don't know how to change existing text.

In particular, how do I select everything at a particular level?

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited by steve; 2013-04-15 at 10:39 AM..

I don't know how you easily select everything at a given level in a complex document (or on the iPad). Incentive to build it correctly the first time? :)

Once you have selected everything, though, you should (in theory) be able to use the checkboxes at lower left to style it all the same. I notice that when I try to put this theory to the test, I am not always able to remove styles that have been applied.

I'm not sure how to build a document incorrectly, but I am satisfied now that I have figured out how to change all level 1 or level 2 at once. Sometimes you decide that you want to change a style. I opened a long and complex document that I had created in oo2 and I had no problem changing all items of a particular level.