The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lost data for no reason - Help needed! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I Just sent the following email to support. If anyone here has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Sent at 10:07pm EST:

Hello!

Please HELP!

I was working in the OmniFocus iPad app and suddenly, I lost a LOT of data!!! For no apparent reason. The first thing I noticed was a medium length (approx. 15 step) Project I was working on. Clicked Done and the next thing I saw was ONLY 2 STEPS remained - the first 2 in the series!!! It was a copy of a template I made by copy and pasting an Action set. So, I was annoyed but thought at least I had the template. WRONG!! The original template had been altered, too!!! When I tried to find the copy Project - it is completely gone!
Then I started looking in different Projects, and my longest (45 steps, not a template or copy and paste duplicate, but a week old original) was now only 1 step!!! I tried Undo, but no luck!

I checked on my iPhone, and the template and 45 step lost project are still there. But I am afraid to open the iPad or iPhone app for too long for fear that the iPad will sync and erase the ones from the iPhone. I have no idea if there are other items missing - I thought I'd better shut the app down rather than risk it syncing (with omniFocus Cloud) and altering what was still on the iPhone!

I do not have the desktop OmniFocus app...

Please, please help! I quickly took screenshots on my iPhone of the missing steps (that i know of!!!) so I can re-input them into the iPad if I have to, but I'm talking about a lot of data here and possibly much more. I usually input on my iPad and sync the iPhone later...

I LOVE this app but now I am scared and don't trust it!!!

Hopefully!
(me)

Last edited by RedHead; 2012-05-18 at 11:09 PM.. Reason: Change title

What happens when you search for one of the actions which is 'lost'

you may find that either
1) you've checked them off accidentally, especially if they are sub actions or in a project
2) They are set as a status such as 'on hold' which would not show. I'd tap on the eye at the top right of the screen and set it to 'all'

I'm not saying you haven't lost them. just that there are more obvious explanations which may be true.

Thanks for answering this!!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I had "Next Actions" only checked!!!
Everything is back!

The problem was ME, not the app!