The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why would text print as white? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking for suggestions why text would print as white instead of black. On the screen, it's black, and it looks black in preview.

- I'm print text on top of a PNG image.
- I'm using the Cooper black font.
- The 24-pt and 18-pt text is almost complete white with some thin horizontal lines running through the test. Those lines are in the same place every time I print a test.
- The 12-pt is almost more transparent or copper. (The part of the image it's printing on black but semi-transparent. Could that be part of a problem -- is there difficulty printing on top of semi-transparent images?)
- I tried changing to the Hoefler font in case it was a font thing, but I get the same behavior.
- I typed a line in Cooper Black in TextEdit as a test, and it prints fine.
- The black in the images print correctly.
- The printer is an inkjet Brother MFC-5440CN, in case anyone thinks it's part of the problem. If I print to a Black & White laser printer, everything looks fine.
- If I change the text to red instead of black, it prints correctly.

I know it's not an OmniGraffle problem, because I created the same drawing in Freehand (pasted in the image and typed over it) and got the same results. If I go to the original Fireworks image and put text on top of it, the text prints darker -- more of an pale orangish instead of white -- but still not black.

If anyone wants to test it out for me on their own printer, I can send the OG file to you.
chuck

Last edited by chuckbo; 2007-03-20 at 03:21 AM..