The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

undo memory problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It might be helpful to use the Inspect or Sample button in AM next time this happens to capture a stack trace of where the program is spending its time, then send it to Omni via Help->Send Feedback in OmniPlan (which will offer to include a desensitized version of your project, also helpful for analysis).

Experimenting with this a bit, I can reproduce it without difficulty. The Omni folks have mentioned in the past that adding dates far from the present (such as you've done here) can cause poor performance, and judging from the stack trace, that would seem to be what is going on. The good news is as soon as you get rid of the erroneous year, the program should start behaving again. To avoid accidents like this in the future, I suggest double-clicking on the hour, then shift-clicking at the end of the minutes as a safe practice unlikely to inadvertently select the space between date and time.

Thanks for the quick response. I will apply your solution diligently.

Adelus

I think solution is perhaps a bit more praise than it deserves, I'd call it a workaround :-) Maybe one of the OmniPlan developers will enlighten us about why this situation is the way it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I think solution is perhaps a bit more praise than it deserves, I'd call it a workaround :-) Maybe one of the OmniPlan developers will enlighten us about why this situation is the way it is...
Good morning,

I see your point, after editing the date once again (honest, I'm being careful!) and then watching a beachball try to figure out 23/12/200 .... I guess I was really behind in my schedule that time!

I think I'd prefer it if OmniPlan waited for me to exit the field before parsing the date, and if it just plain didn't accept 3- or 5-digit years, that would be good too...

Anyway, now that I know what's happening I can slap my forehead and force quit with relative calm.

Thanks again, whpalmer4. Whatever this season means to you, may it be filled with joy.

Adélus

Apologies for the bug with entering dates. We have a bug report written up in our database and will be taking a look at it.