The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

a better way to email yourself items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction please.

I am loving using OmniFocus on my iMac, Macbook, iPhone & iPad. I have my mail & omnifocus always on my iMac so I can easily add new items that crop up from emails on the go from by emailing myself from my iphone using the +omnifocus mail rule on my iMac. I have created a new contact address called omni which makes the whole process very fast.

However, I am wondering if I can expand this further.

I have some projects that are constant & high volume. For example, I see an article I need to read on my RSS feeds, so it would be great to email this to a +article contact which when received by my iMac email would be processed immediately by a new omnifocus rule to be clipped into Omnifocus with the project details & context entered in & even a default due date (ie 4 days).

Is this possible?

I have some scripting skills but need to be pointed in the right direction before embarking on such a task.

Also, would it be possible for omnifocus to also get the email attachments from such an email? I don't seem to get the attachments from the current default email rule built into omnifocus. Only using the clip-o-tron 3000 tool.

Thanks very much for any advice you can send my way.

Thanks

Mark

Isn't there kind of a shorthand for putting the context, due date, et.c. into that email to be added to omnifocus? Not exactly what you're looking for but if you didn't know about that it might help a little without having to write a new script. It looks like you can find that shorthand on the help page called "Processing Mail messages into actions."

I would like to know how to do this as well. I have the same setup, omni on the Mac plus mail rule and iPad synching thru MobileMe. I would email attachments to be attached to the item in OF. Photos, .CAF files, etc.

Any way to do this? Is clip-o-tron different than the built-in capability?