The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workflow help - GTD and scheduling tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello everyone!

I'm posting in the hope that someone may have an answer to this workflow process I am attempting to figure out. It may be that I just don't know how to use something or it may be that I'm asking for something that isn't possible.

Here's my "ask":

I'm trying to map a workflow into my system and automate as much of it as possible - or at least make it easier to manage. Thus far, I think OmniFocus is awesome for it's iPad/Pod/Mac sync.

Here's my intended workflow.

1) an e-mail, or some communication/information arrives
2) I generate a task on this communication (I have this part down)
3) I then want to have it in OmniFocus and assign it a Project, Context, etc (have this done)

here's where I fall down.

4) I then want to start each day by taking all my "to do" items and scheduling them for specific times of the day on my calendar. (this is sort of a GTD meets 7 Habits thing). It's the "big rock/little rock" method of planning the day.

I know that calendar sync is no longer supported and never will be again. So I am wondering if anyone else has a "process" of getting items from OmniSync into Calendar so that you can plan your day.

The hard part.

Of course, I could cut and paste. However, I then break the relationship as a cut and paste duplicates the information. I change it in one location and it will not change in the other. This is the challenge. I need (or rather want) the OmniFocus and Calendar to change each other. If I update the task in OmniFocus I want the update to be in Calendar.

Now... I realize that I may have just described Calendar sync - so I may be out of luck all together. It's just that I can't imagine I am the only person that likes to place task to specific times of the day.

Any thoughts/ideas/solutions?

Thanks!