The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Last version to support NEXTSTEP 3.3? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I realize this is a question from the paleoweb, but I've been thinking about getting my old 16MHz NeXT cube running as a homework station for my kids (I know, but I want to try). I have a version of OmniWeb running that was released in the 1996-97 vintage. Is there a more recent version of the application available that will still work on this hardware?

Is anyone out there still running OmniWeb on NEXTSTEP 3.3?

That last version that will run on NEXTSTEP appears to be OmniWeb 2.7 beta 3:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...TSTEP/OmniWeb/

However you might want to upgrade to OPENSTEP 4.2 where you can run OmniWeb 3.1:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...hive/OPENSTEP/