The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Simple NotePad app? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Id love OmniGroup to knock up a simple NotePad app. I have used FishPad for a very long time, unfortunately the developers have fallen off the radar and the app is only PPC code. So far i have found nothing to replace my beloved simple Fishpad. Basically FishPad is a TextEdit with multiple pages using a database and an embedded search function not Spotlight indexed.

Im sure it would take no more than a few days to build. It could be named OmniPad ;-)

Here is a pic of FishPad.

Here is Fishpad.app

http://drayond.xsmail.com/Fishpad.app.zip

anyone read this or taken notice?

Database.. search function.... give one of the DEVON apps a try?

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I have investigated DevonNote in the past, unfortunately, like practically every other app of its kind i've seen it does not have a single pane document. All these apps are problematic because they have a dual pane system or a draw, one is an index list for pages a user must create name and categorize the other for the actual note data area. I just want pages to be readily available and created with a back and forward button that has only 1 pane. It really is very simple yet no app i have seen really wants to do anything different from all the other million notepad apps.

I really wonder how difficult FishPad would be to create in Cocoa its only 226kb.

OmniPad yeah