The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

can you backup your workspaces? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is maybe a feature request if you can't do it, but is there a way to backup or export your workspaces? I thought I read something before about sharing your workspaces. Although I haven't done it yet, I want to make sure I don't accidentally hit "Take Snapshot" at the wrong time from either the menu or keyboard shortcut, since in both cases it's right next to "Restore"

Edit: Maybe there should be a confirmation for Take Snapshot. I don't think I use it often enough for that to become an annoyance. Just a thought.

Last edited by FredH; 2006-12-07 at 11:31 PM..

Those Omnicritters think of everything. When you have the Workspace->Show Workspaces window up, you can drag the icons in the left-hand column to the desktop or a Finder window to save copies. Just double-click one of those saved workspaces to get back where you were before disaster fell.

Ah, cool. Thanks.

I don't think that's in the user guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredH
Ah, cool. Thanks.

I don't think that's in the user guide.
It is in a roundabout sort of way, like lots of OmniWeb features. Quote from OW Help:

Using the Workspace window you can:

Drag workspaces from the list on the left side of the window out to other applications like Finder or Mail so you can share them with other OmniWeb users.

The better thing to do would be to back up your ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder every now and then as this is where your bookmarks, history, cookies and workspaces are all stored, along with the ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist file for your preferences.