The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AJAX-JSON incompatibility Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Attempting to post to the PostNuke forum, which recently added AJAX-JSON functionality, is not possible with OW 5.1.3 or 5.5 sp11.

Here is the error message:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Forbidden</H1>
You don't have permission to access /index.php
on this server.<P>
<P>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.35 Server at community.postnuke.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>
Kinda hoping this gets fixed with the final version of 5.5 as it is the ONLY thing I am unable to do in OW.

Peter

I have begun to investigate Ajax and will be looking at the possibility of turning my blog into an Ajax-run site, along the lines of a FileMaker database or an AppleScript application. I'm a pure beginner but it will be interesting nonetheless, and probably doable given that we now have the prototype.js library to do the dirty work for us ;-)

in any case, Ajax compatibility is a must. if that means compatibility with JSON (and I'm not sure what that is yet), then please make it so.