The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: Syncing Dashboard Widget Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,
I think there's a really cool way for OmniFocus to be even more invisible but usable.

Make a live-updating Dashboard widget!

Each widget would show all the next actions in ONE context. Pop up Dashboard to see your next actions -- fast and easy.

You might also be able to check off "completed" in the widget which would then communicate with OmniFocus, thus showing the new next actions.

At present I use "DoBeDo" for this, which syncs my actions with iCal, which then has to be synced with my GTD program. It's clunky, but the workflow is really cool.

BUT what if the widget synced with OmniFocus directly? Wouldn't that really get the application out of the way and let people get back to actually doing their actions? The app could literally be HIDDEN and then the user just brings up Dashboard.

Come on, you know it's a great idea!

Egregea