The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Bug? Launches itself - 2 copies? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Over the last couple month, I've noticed that OF will bounce in my dock alerting me to it's status - which is an error saying it "cannot back up database".

This is extremely odd in that:

A) I did NOT have OF launched at all (it launched by itself apparently)
B) There are seemingly 2 copies launched (when Command + Tabbing, I see 2 copies active)
C) When I quite both and cancel the error, everything seems fine.

OF and iOF are both behaving and syncing properly. I am not using a sneaky peek.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Do you have the OmniFocus mail rule installed? I'm betting that OmniFocus is being launched when the applescript is fired up to handle one of the new messages.

We had another thread about the '2 copies launching' phenomenon a while back; it didn't reach a clear resolution, but some of the info there may help determine what's happening in your case, as well.

Check here for more info. Try the steps Ken mentions in his post from 3/11 and let us know the results.