The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Smart alignment guides not centre aligning Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have an annoying problem with the smart alignment guides (Omnigraffle Pro 5.3.6). From time to time I have shapes that don't want to be centre aligned, they only find the top/bottom, left/right guides.

I've been checking all the shape options, changing magnets in case they're related, and nothing.

I'm not sure what kind of document I'm using but it's probably blank type, not hierarchical. That's because we work with base templates and then we copy and paste elements.

The odd thing is that I create a new document, drop some of the shapes I'm currently working, and they align themselves nicely in the centre. So I don't think it's a shape problem, I think it's the canvas type, or document type, I don't know.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

So just to be clear, they don't ever display guides for their centers, only their edges? Is the snap-to-grid option turned on?

I've noticed that if there objects between the object I'm moving and the object I want to align with, the center line guide often doesn't appear. Whether that is intentional behavior or not, I do not know.

If you get this to happen again, and it happens even after quitting OmniFocus and reopening the file, you should send the file to Omni via Help->Send Feedback and see if they can track it down. There's an option to replace all text with gibberish if the document has confidential information.

Exactly, sometimes in this document the smart guides appear for the shape's centres, but more often than not only the edge's smart guides are shown.

Even if it's a new canvas with two shapes, they only find the edges.

I'll save a new version and send it to Omnigroup as you said.

Thanks.