The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Day Separators in Gantt Chart View - OmniPlan 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to have the separator lines appear in the gantt chart view between days while viewing at the week scale? While trying to align a task to a day boundary, you must now watch the text in the tooltip instead of getting close to the line and finalizing the action using the text.

Hi, I have a couple of ideas that might help:

First, if you'd like to see both the Week scale and the Day scale, Right click on the Gantt header and select "Customize Headers". Customize headers for Day scale, and add a Summary header. Then, it should default to "Jan 5 - Jan 11". This gives you a week header above your Day headers.

Alternately, if you only want the Week headers but still want to see / snap to days within that week, you could make Off-Hours visible in the Gantt. This is in the View > Gantt menu. With this on, it's easier to see work periods as part of a larger view.

Hope this helps.

Joel R
Software Test Pilot
The Omni Group

The day separators are conspicuously gone in V2 but present in V1. I too would like these back.

Yeah, we used to show "minor" gridlines representing the next smaller unit than the current scale. These would fade out if the timeline was compressed such that they were too close together. We have a request to add those back in our database and we'll put down another vote. It's nice to know you miss that - I enjoyed implementing it the last time around.

Experiment with holding down modifier keys while you drag. I'm out of the office on an iPad so I can't test which does what, let alone recall, but shift or perhaps option will cause the drag to "snap" to the granularity you're looking for.

Tom