The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OGS as intermediate between iWork apps? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been a bit too lazy to try it myself just now, but I've discovered that some tables in Numbers are "too large" to be copied/pasted directly into a Pages document (all on the iPad). I was able to import the data (but obviously not visualize it in table form any longer) from Numbers to OGS by copying/pasting, though.
Thus, I was wondering if there would be a route Numbers>OGS>Pages as a workaround to import large tables into Pages on the iPad. Thoughts? Experiences? Would this require the tables to be editable/viewable as such in OGS?

Thanks!

Once we implement Copy in the iPad app, you'll be able to get tabular data back out of your graph, but since you'd have at least the same number of cells, I'm not sure if this would help.

Example: If you had the data

1, .5, .6,
2, .7, .5,
3, .8, .6,

in Numbers (9 cells), pasted in to OmniGraphSketcher, and then copied back out, you'd end up with

1, .5,
2, .7,
3, .8,
1, .6,
2, .5,
3, .6,

on the clipboard (12 cells).

Great, thanks! Looking forward to this function in general!