The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Are my tasks auto-completing?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I started to get the feeling that things I had entered in OmniFocus were not there--that tasks has somehow disappeared. I filtered for "completed" and found a bunch of things that I had not started, much less completed, that were checked off and printed in strikethrough font.

They had due dates in the past.

The behavior I would expect is that they would be listed as uncompleted in the context list and project list, under, for instance "Yesterday" or the like for contexts grouped by due date. Is this not what happens?

Is there some gotcha that is causing tasks to be checked off and thrown in the dumpsters without any action on my part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
Is there some gotcha that is causing tasks to be checked off and thrown in the dumpsters without any action on my part?
Not that I know of. Have you been inadvertently hitting the space bar with an action selected? That marks it complete.

Quote:
Have you been inadvertently hitting the space bar with an action selected? That marks it complete.
I didn't know that, so it's possible that I've been doing that. Yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty Crunch View Post
I didn't know that, so it's possible that I've been doing that. Yikes!
It's especially sneaky if you've been used to hitting the space bar to scroll down in a window--as in web browsers like OmniFocus!