The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Free WebDAV hosting (alpha service) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everyone,

I had some problems with syncing over WebDAV myself, so I setup a host to get it working. I'm offering free alpha quality service.

Initial Post.

Details on service and getting an account.

It's raw, but it works.

Tom Benninger

OK, the service is fully available with SSL at https://MiscIT.com/ofwd/. I've added a couple of users per requests as noted in the original post, but still have plenty of room.

Tomben

For those of you like me that did not read the fine print and do not have a WebDAV and did not want to or know how to set up one and want to pay for a mobile me account... Tom here has done a wicked job of setting one up for us to use.

So now I have a functioning piece of software on my Touch

Thanks Tom!

Omni guys you owe this guy for picking up where you dropped off.

Ben

Behnt -

While I agree with your sentiment (thanks tomben!) are you sure you want your private information on "someones" server? (no disrespect intended tomben!)

kidtreo:

I understand your concerns, I'm going to have a document with the privacy policy, TOS, and AUP online later today. It's going to boil down to:

1) This is a alpha quality service in development. No SLA.
2) You don't misuse the service.
3) I won't use your information for anything other than providing the service or give it to anyone else.

Specific detail will be forthcoming.

Keep in mind this is a free service I have thrown together (and continue to work on) in my free time.

If you have data that you really need secure, my advise is not to put it anywhere on the internet. =)

Thanks,

Tomben

OK, I've published the service policies online at http://miscit.com/ofwd/service/policies.html. I don't like them either, I'll improve them when I get a chance.

Some comments on them online here.

hi tomben,
first off, thanks a lot for doing this!
ok:
i registered and got my activation email, but i get a 404 error.
also, when i use the address that is given to me for the webdav, when i click sync, i get a popup that says ALERT, and reverts everything back to no sync.

maybe the second issue has nothing to do with your solution...
any help would be appreciated!

again, many thanks for this solution!

IT WORKS!
Thank you.

Everything works. Thanks a million

tomben - you rock!

count me in when the pay service goes live =)