The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I'm considering getting iPads for my classroom. One of the things I'd really like my students to be able to do is work on Omnigraffle files and for the work that I'm thinking about my students would need to be able to add images to their documents. I haven't found a way to do that. Is there any way for OmniGraffle to import images from the photo library? It looks like the sample documents have some images in them and the documents I tested from my Mac that have images work fine. Does anyone know if you can, or will be able to soon, import images? Thanks.

Hi, you can copy images from outside the application and paste from within. For instance press and hold on an image in safari and choose copy from the dialogue pop over. Go into OmniGraffle, tap on the canvas and choose 'paste'. In the Photos application you can choose copy from the dialogue pop over in the top righthwnd corner. And again copy into OG from the clipboard.

Hopefully a future update will allow use to access the camera roll and photo library from within the app.

Thanks so much, I totally didn't think to try that. I think this means I need to get going on buying a class set!