The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Overcoming Distraction Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Greetings,

What are some of your tips and strategies for overcoming distraction with OmniFocus? If I grew up in another era, I probably would be labeled ADD and heavily medicated. Notwithstanding this self-diagnosis, I am hoping to use OmniFocus to better focus on my tasks.

I have my share of external distractions at work, but typically, I am my own worst enemy. I can be in the middle of working on one project and then check my email and start running in a million directions.

One strategy that I have use with some success is the procrastination hack mentioned here.

I have also thought about doing something like:Bubbletimer, but I don't know if this would duplicate my desire to get organized within OmniFocus.

One of my difficulties in adopting OmniFocus is that there are so many ways to set it up I find myself constantly fiddling with the various perspectives and views.

Has anybody tried to only work on things that I have defined as next actions within OmniFocus? In other words, if you have another great idea while in the middle of something, create a new project and stick with the task at hand?

I have the feeling that I am always working, but if I am honest with myself, I waste a huge amount of time chasing vapor trails.

I would appreciate any advice that you can offer in being more focused while using OmniFocus.

Sincerely,
Saoirse