The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF Pricing: The great debate of '08 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using omnifocus for the past 14 days on the limited trial, and have to say that I think it's a great program. It's very efficient, and presents a powerful tool for the organization of ideas and priorities.

However, the $80 price-tag is something that I cannot afford and do not understand. No matter which way I turn this program it still feels empty at it's heart. Why are you folks at Omnifocus charging so much for the implementation of a system that isn't original (unless, of course you did invent GTD)? Also, my other gripe is that at it's heart the program is fairly simple: a relational database of lists. On the front end, I don't see a single groundbreaking feature that isn't inherent of OS X's latest interface upgrades.

So, why is it so expensive? Are you genuinely interested in helping people, or are you simply waiting for folks to lock their important data into your program so that at the end of the trial they are forced to purchase a license?