The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour sync not working anymore Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Once again, syncing OmniFocus between my Mac and my iPhone doesn't work anymore (using Bonjour) : the iPhone tries to sync and finally times out.

Is it because I upgraded to iOS 4.3 ? Could anyone sync with iOS 4.3 ?

Or is it because my Mac now has an Ethernet connection (and not only a WiFi one) ? I tried with WiFi only, it also failed...

Thanks for any help or tip

Pascal

I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing. In previous cases where there's a new sync bug, we've gotten a big spike of reports all in a short period of time. We haven't had anything like that happen since 4.3 came out. (That doesn't completely rule out a new problem, of course; just means that if there is one, it doesn't appear to be widespread.)

The most common causes of something like this would be one or several of the following:
  • The Mac and the iOS device have somehow ended up on different wireless networks. The workaround here would be to double-check each device's connection and switch networks if necessary.
  • The Mac has OS X's built-in Firewall active, and it's preventing OmniFocus for iPhone from sending messages to the Mac. For info on configuring the firewall, look here.
  • Little Snitch or some similar application is installed on the Mac and is blocking communication. (Intego NetBarrier is another possibility here; there may be others.)

If those don't help, give us a call at 800.315.6664 or email the support ninjas and we'll be happy to assist. Sorry again for the trouble this is causing!

Just remembered one other possibility - some customers have reported that having both WiFi and Bluetooth activated at the same time have caused enough radio interference to stop OmniFocus from successfully syncing. Appears to be pretty rare, but just in case, thought I'd mention it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
The Mac and the iOS device have somehow ended up on different wireless networks. The workaround here would be to double-check each device's connection and switch networks if necessary.
No, I have only one wireless network. And sending the configuration from Mac to iPhone works.

Quote:
The Mac has OS X's built-in Firewall active, and it's preventing OmniFocus for iPhone from sending messages to the Mac. For info on configuring the firewall, look here.
Checked again, it is OK.

Quote:
Little Snitch or some similar application is installed on the Mac and is blocking communication. (Intego NetBarrier is another possibility here; there may be others.)
Never heard of those applications, never installed.

My feeling is that the problems are more linked to Bonjour/networking than to OF itself. So I finally gave up and subscribed to your Beta Sync Server : it works like a charm :-)