The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Analytics - track productivity Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Does anyone see a need to have analytics attached to your OF? This thought resonated with me when i was a heavy user of Things. Every day, as I log in it would tell me how many completed items it was putting in the logbook.

Somedays it was only 5, others it was 50-60. This proved to be a good validation on how productive i was and how well the previous day went.

Analytics like this can give us a good gauge on how effective we are with our GTD process
- Feels busy - but not much logged = not using GTD, or too many unpredictable latest & loudest came up
- Feels busy - but lots logged = productive day
- not busy - not much logged = was it a scheduled down time?

maybe there are some third party apps out there that exist already. if so, please let me know! that can tell me things like:
1. how many actions were completed (maybe even broken out into different contexts)
2. average age of open projects.
3. etc etc.

would love to know. thx group.

Bill