The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Oddity with the Due feature Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was trying out Omni Focus for the first time and I found something that is confusing with the Due feature. I created three tasks A, B, and C with dues date 1, 2 and 3 days out. When I clicked on the Due button it showed A as due Tomorrow. It showed B as Due within the next week but it did not show C. This was confusing to me because C was obviously due within the next week.

I did figure out that this is controlled by the Due Soon control in the Preferences but I still think the labeling is confusing.

Yeah, the default Due perspective they provide only shows you things within the radius of the "Due Soon" setting, due to the overloading of the "Due Soon" setting (an unfortunate design decision, I think). Fortunately, you can undo much of the damage by editing the Due perspective to use "Any Status" as the value in the Status Filter instead of "Due Soon". Once you've done that, save the perspective as the Due perspective and you can see upcoming due items, no matter how distant.